Be Careful What You Wish For
Your character just got so angry with another person that they shouted, “I hope you die!” or “I wish you were dead!” (you choose). And the person did.
Some things to consider for this prompt:
- Are these two events actually connected—in other words, did your character’s words or thoughts cause the other person’s death or was it a coincidence? Does your character know this?
- How is the person connected to your character (if they are)?
- Why was your character so angry?
- How does your character react or feel when the person they shouted at actually dies?
- What’s the aftermath (what happens after this incident)?
- Does this incident change your character in any way? If so, how?